This app can be used to have your new unread Gmail messages read aloud to you on demand. Listen to your messages when you feel like while keeping your hands free.
What can the Gmail Reader do?
* Efficiently fetches all of your unread messages and reads them to you.
* Easily configure the accounts to read.
* Easily configure what to read, like sender name, brief overview or even the full message.
* Filter your unread messages by label.
* Easily map acronyms to their longer meanings (i.e. ‘ttyl’ can be mapped to ‘Talk to you later’, etc)
* Can be configured so that shaking the phone will stop reading and exit the application.
* English/Spanish/Czech/German/Swedish/Russian/Italian/Polish/Hungarian localization.
* Use volume keys to navigate through the messages.
* Star or delete messages as you hear them.
* Shortcut included to allow you to hear your messages anytime simply by pressing a button!
Gmail Reader does not create the voices that you hear; they are already installed on your phone and require you to correctly set them up if they sound robotic (TTS Settings). If you are not happy with the current selection of voices that your phone comes pre-installed with, you can find a list of other voices from Gmail Reader’s main menu under “More Voices”.
Try it risk free for 24 hours! If you simply do not like it, then contact me and I will issue a refund.
I just received some pretty sad news. The API that this application uses to access your Gmail messages is being removed in the next version of the Gmail app (V.2.3.5) for Android 2.2 and higher. Apparently the API does not meet modern security standards.
What this means for our users is that once you update to this new version, this application will stop working. You can always downgrade your Gmail app (ask me how).
I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, and hope that the Android team will come out with a revised API soon enough, so that we can re-gain our Gmail integration.
If you are looking for something to read new messages as they arrive, then you want Enhanced Gmail Reader!
TAGS: gmail, speak, talk, voice, notifications, alerts, bluetooth, bt, ecid, service, messaging, tGmailR, tgr
* Fixed missing permission error.
Please send me feedback to improve the app! If you like it, rate it. Having problems? Contact me!
Content rating: Everyone
Talking Gmail Reader Screenshots
Rating: Talking Gmail Reader average rating is 4.4 and it’s rated by 8 users.
Downloads: Talking Gmail Reader is downloaded in the range of 100-500
Price: US$1.75 (Prices can vary depending on your location)
Size: Talking Gmail Reader application size is approximately 217 k
Publisher: Talking Gmail Reader is published by Ed Kawas
Publisher Website: http://www.gmailreader.com
Package Name: com.gmailreader
Talking Gmail Reader Video
Talking Gmail Reader video is not available with us. If you know any related video, please comment or let us know via Contact page.
Talking Gmail Reader QR Code
2. Point your phone camera at the QR code image and scan it.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with the installation.