Chord! is mainly a guitar (or any fretted instrument) chord finder. Unlike most of the other apps, it generates itself chords diagrams, so it supports any chord (even slash’s ones like D/F#) in any tuning, with any number of strings (guitar, banjo, ukulele, bass, mandolin, etc.).
You can hear how each diagram sounds by sweeping your finger across the strings. The diagrams are displayed in color and you can view stats about the current fingering.
You can also reverse search chords: Entering on a neck the fingering will give you instantaneously the possible names of the chord and you will then be able to explore possible variations.
Furthermore, it embeds a database of a hundred scales that you can plot on a neck in any tuning, or reverse search. It means that you can find the scales corresponding to the notes you enter on a neck.
You can also harmonize each scale with a total freedom on the parameters.
The database is shipped with a hundred of tunings for various instruments and you can add you own ones.
The app fully supports left handed instruments.
You can fine tune to your needs the chord search algorithm, like specifying the maximal number of fingers or fret span.
Note that ukulele and banjo players may want to disable the “Force Root” option in the settings to recover usual fingerings for these instruments. Please see my website www.rabugentom.com for more informations.
Translated in: English, French, Portuguese (Brazilian).
If you want to help me translate chord in your language, please write me an email!
Chord has been featured app in the android market and is now selected to be presented at the dev sandbox at Google IO 2011!
•Reverse chord finder
•Reverse scale finder
•Reverse scale harmonization (tablets only for now)
• Honeycomb tablet compatible and optimized;
• Whole new scale harmonization module. On tablets, the app presents also a reverse scale harmonization module, not present on phones, their small screens lacking of space to provide a natural user experience;
• Reverse chord search is improved. The chords found are sorted with the most simple ones in first positions;
• Reverse scale finder is now totally functionnal. The scale found are sorted with the most “complete” ones in first positions;
• Internal change of the database management framework for scales and tunings. It should avoid some crashes on some devices;
• Option to vibrate when strumming strings;
• Option to choose between a light and a dark theme for the app.
From Version 2.3.4
• End of the anonymous stats campaign, removed then unneeded permissions;
• Some tweaks to improve the speed and the memory charge of the chord seeking algorithm;
• GUI speed optimizations.
From Version 2.3.3
• Added full Brazilian Portuguese translation;
• Fixed bug in reverse scale search;
• Sub-scale option is disabled for now;
• Fixed bug that made the reverse scale search crash when selecting another tuning;
• Fixed bug database setup;
• Added anonymous statistics reporting. Can be disabled in the preferences.
From Version 2.3.2
• Fixed bug that made the tuning edit crashes in landscape mode;
• Fixed bug that made the tuning edit crashes if there is a quote in the name.
From Version 2.3.1
• Small bug fix.
From Version 2.3
• Support of 5-strings Banjo;
• Help stub;
• Some tuning fixes again!
• GUI modifications.
From Version 2.2:
• Fixed bug in reverse scale search (some where missed);
• Fixed bug for some left handed setup in landscape mode;
• Fixed bug in reverse chord naming for reentrant tunings like ukuleles.
From Version 2.1:
• Installation on SD card possible since Android 2.2;
• Some tuning fixes;
• French translation.
From Version 2.0:
• New interface;
• Sound preview;
• Custom tuning database ;
• Reverse chord or scale search.
Note: Some Archos devices may no be able to reproduce sound.
Small bug fixes for tablet.
Content rating: Everyone
Chord! (Guitar Chord Finder) Screenshots
Rating: Chord! (Guitar Chord Finder) average rating is 4.7 and it’s rated by 494 users.
Downloads: Chord! (Guitar Chord Finder) is downloaded in the range of 10,000-50,000
Price: US$2.99 (Prices can vary depending on your location)
Size: Chord! (Guitar Chord Finder) application size is approximately 1 M
Publisher: Chord! (Guitar Chord Finder) is published by RabugenTom
Publisher Website: http://www.rabugentom.com
Package Name: com.rabugentom.chord
Chord! (Guitar Chord Finder) Video
Chord! (Guitar Chord Finder) QR Code
2. Point your phone camera at the QR code image and scan it.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with the installation.